Night Shift (M-Th 7:30pm to 6am)
The Call Center Paramedic supports ongoing delivery of teleconferenced stroke care as identified by the Institute for Digital Health and Innovation (IDHI) Stroke Program. S/He performs tasks and duties as directed by IDHI Call Center management and medical personnel directing the IDHI Stroke program and assists in identifying and tracking all calls to the Call Center and data on referrals and case managed patients.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience.
- Demonstrates aptitude for technology associated with telemedicine/telehealth.
- Follows and abides by the TIR policy and procedures.
- Assists in assuring optimal operational activity and in identifying and tracking all calls to the Call Center and data on referrals and case managed patients.
- Provides support to research activities related to the Call Center Telemedicine programs.
- Promotes positive interaction and facilitates communication between the call center, UAMS, Clinical staff of Center for Distance Health, Video support, physicians statewide, and their staff who utilize the services of the Call Center.
- Provides requested reports to appropriate personnel, analyzes and identifies critical factors of patient care to facilitate enhancement of the quality and efficiency of the telemedicine services provided by the Call Center
- Maintains all professional certifications.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees as requested and documents orientation of each new employee coordinating with personnel and adhering to department and UAMS policy.
- Demonstrates cost conscious awareness and effectively utilizes staff, space, and supplies within budgetary restraints.
- Facilitates changes to improve the Call Center through effective communication, collaboration, and interdisciplinary problem solving.
- Participates as a team member supporting staff in the performance of their duties.
- Demonstrates commitment to Professional Nursing/Professional/Development/Professional Growth.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED PLUS at least one (1) year of paramedic experience
- At least six (6) months of active ambulance service experience within the past year
- Valid EMT or paramedic license
- Intermediate typing skills (proven at 30 WPM or greater)
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred)
- Demonstrated effective time management and delegation skills
- Implements good judgment in stressful situations
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (written and verbal) including: Articulation, phone etiquette, and concise/clear documentation skills
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Classroom Setting, Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity